DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
As a unique, pre-clinical contract research organization (CRO), AnaBios employs its proprietary human-focused translational platform the evaluate the safety and efficacy of novel therapeutics. Unmatched access to viable human tissue and research capabilities, combined with insights from our experienced team of scientists, means AnaBios offers the unprecedented opportunity to predict human clinical responses for promising compounds and unlock new possibilities for drug discovery. These capabilities provide a significant competitive advantage to our customers.
AnaBios is hiring a Director of Business Development in Europe/UK region to help accelerate the growth of our proprietary translational research services. The Director of Business Development reports directly to the Chief Commercial Officer of AnaBios.
- Identifies prospective clients and industry contacts, generates sales calls, schedules sales meetings, coordinates and attend sales presentations to clients and prospective clients both in-person and via phone.
- Sells AnaBios services to qualified contacts.
- Maintains AnaBios’ CRM system by making regular client calls, canvassing clients via telephone, email clients via web referrals and update the organization’s CRM database with up-to-date information.
- Ensures all clients are knowledgeable about AnaBios’ services through sales and marketing efforts that include regular sales calls to develop relationships and formal presentations with current and prospective clients.
- Obtains new requests for proposals and forwards them to our internal operations team for processing.
- Partners with our operations team to ensure contracts, including NDA’s, MSA’s, quotes and work orders meet required timelines.
- Responds to all client needs and follows up on all business requests in a timely manner.
- Participates in industry conferences and tradeshows to identify and meet prospective clients and increase industry awareness of AnaBios’ array of products and services.
- Assists with the development of marketing materials, messaging and sales campaigns as needed.
- Provides ideas and solutions for future business development endeavors and pursues opportunities that will lead to increased sales.
- Meets with the Business Development and Marketing teams to communicate new business leads, schedule sales trips, discuss business/client issues, sign contracts and discuss other relevant information.
- Drives increased revenue and profit to achieve the company’s targeted growth.
- Performs other related job duties or responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Business and/or Science degree(s) preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience selling in the biopharma industry (10+ years preferred)
- A thorough understanding of and background in business development principles and processes
- Excellent knowledge of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry related to human tissue and translational research
- Ability to actively pursue assignments, evaluate situations, adapt to change and make decisions in a timely manner
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated individual who takes the initiative to work independently and with the team
- High regard for confidentiality in dealing with all clients, proprietary and pharmaceutical-related information
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively across the organization and outside the organization with customers, suppliers and affiliates both domestically and internationally
- Self-motivated with exceptional time management skills to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with associates at all levels to influence others and foster a cooperative work environment across the organization
- Good working knowledge of Salesforce and Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies with projected sales targets
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
AnaBios is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and skills. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.