As a unique, pre-clinical contract research organization (CRO), AnaBios employs its proprietary human-focused translational platform the evaluate the safety and efficacy of novel therapeutics. Unmatched access to viable human tissue and research capabilities, combined with insights from our experienced team of scientists, means AnaBios offers the unprecedented opportunity to predict human clinical responses for promising compounds and unlock new possibilities for drug discovery. These capabilities provide a significant competitive advantage to our customers.
AnaBios is hiring a Research Scientist with expertise in single cell, patch clamp electrophysiology to join our team in San Diego. We are in search of a highly motivated, creative scientist who will contribute to characterizing and elucidating the effects of client and internal novel therapeutics in pain, itch and central nervous system (CNS) disorders. This position’s primary function is to execute manual patch clamp electrophysiology with dissociated human neurons. In addition, the Research Scientist will devise and conduct experiments to support compound investigation for our clients. Our intent is to identify a Research Scientist with the potential to independently design and execute patch clamp-based neuroelectrophysiology assays for our clients. Expertise in patch clamp electrophysiology with voltage-gated ion channels is essential. The successful candidate will join a passionate, diverse and dedicated team focused on developing treatments for pain and CNS-related diseases. This position reports to the Director of Operations and will be located in San Diego, California.
- Develop, implement and validate new neuronal function assays
- Functions independently as a scientist while working on projects with a larger team
- Delivers accurate data while meeting tight deadlines to support client and internal drug development projects
- Actively participates and presents research findings in group meetings
- Supports client reports, scientific publications and internal projects by coordinating and documenting datasets
- Acts in accordance with AnaBios company policies and ensures they are followed by direct reports
- Ph.D. or M.S. with similar experience in neuroscience, neuropharmacology or related field. In-depth knowledge of electrophysiological techniques is essential.
- Experience investigating neuronal function and or neuronal pharmacology using electrophysiological techniques
- Excellent analytical skills allowing for qualitative and quantitative evaluation of complex data
- Scientific peer-reviewed publication record
- Experience handling and managing large datasets
- Enthusiasm for laboratory work, good problem-solving abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to adapt to rapidly changing projects and priorities
Please send cover letter and CV to email@example.com.