LABORATORY ASSISTANT LEVEL I
The Laboratory Assistant Level I will provide support functions to AnaBios’ research activities by applying the Company’s proprietary technologies for conducting contract research as well as supporting proprietary drug discovery programs. The nature of the research conducted at AnaBios will require, at times, flexibility of schedule and the ability to work after hours and on weekends.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
The Laboratory Assistant activities will include, but not be limited by, the following:
– Preparation of biological samples for experimental testing by the R&D team
– Using aseptic technique during cell culture procedure
– Preparation reagents/solutions, buffers and culture media for the R&D department
– Experimental testing in collaboration with the Assay/Development team
– Operate and maintain standard laboratory instruments (i.e. pH meters, osmometer, analytical balances, microscopes, etc.)
– Perform tissue dissection and isolation procedures
– Maintain the inventories of supplies and stocks for laboratory use by requesting and re-stocking supplies
– Follow standard operating procedures
– Maintaining a clean and respectable laboratory space
– Record keeping
– The candidate will be expected to work independently, under supervision, and contribute to scientific advances in several exciting new projects.
Prior experience (3-5 years) in a laboratory research and/or electrophysiology are highly desirable. Prior experience with cell culture techniques; including isolation, plating and working in a clean room environment is preferred.
The candidate must be reliable, possess excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented with excellent record-keeping and communication skills. The candidate must be able to strictly adhere to standard operating procedures. AnaBios is looking for a team player, eager to learn and enthusiastic about working in a laboratory employing novel technologies.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com.