SURGICAL RESEARCH TECHNICIAN
The Surgical Research Technician functions as a valued member of the Recovery Team and provides accurate, efficient, timely donor referral screening services and surgical recoveries for its stakeholders such as, tissue recovery agencies, client Organ Procurement Organizations (OPOs), partnering Organ/Tissue providers (IIAM,NDRI and Promethera) and eye banks. The Surgical Research Technician makes independent decisions when approaching viability of organs/tissues based on training and experience. Collaborates with hospital staff, OPO recovery teams, AnaBios Procurement Manager, Chief Alliance Officer and Lab Director, as well as other AnaBios staff to determine the appropriate organ/tissue outcome. Surgical Research Technician provide quality customer service to all callers and have the ability to multi-task in a frequently fast-paced environment while having a high level of attention to detail. This position directly contributes to the success of AnaBios with respect to the determining organ/tissue eligibility. This position should embody the values and attributes of AnaBios and help ensure outstanding customer service throughout the service territory.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
· Accurately identifies and processes all potential organ, tissue screenings to maximize donation opportunities from referring agencies. Communicates with appropriate personnel according to established protocols with exemplary customer service.
· Works empathetically, compassionately, and professionally with OPOs, Hospital staff and Recovery organizations for donation and transplantation.
· Accurately and effectively evaluates information for preliminary donor eligibility, including relevant medical records, clinical course, medical history, and behavioral risk assessment information.
· Follows all communication protocols to ensure effective interactions with AnaBios teammates, OPO staff, and Hospital Staff.
· Arranges transportation of approved donor tissues from contracted procurement agencies and communicates arrangements according to established protocols.
· Manage relationships with guidance from Procurement Manger and Chief Alliance Officer with partnering organizations, oversight of all processes that affect efficient and consistent procurement of tissues. Knowing other OPOs will be added to job description as company grows. Establish and execute a working plan for ensuring recoveries of a variety of organs at partnering sites.
· Establish and execute a working plan for ensuring recoveries of a variety of organs at partnering sites.
· Recover organs and tissues from the Company’s partnering organizations nationally.
· Ensure training and oversight of surgical teams from partnering organizations nationally.
· Ensure that tissues and organs are recovered as per AnaBios protocols and specifications.
· Ensure communications with OPOs recovery teams.
· After each recovery, follow up with Procurement Manager and Chief Alliance Officer regarding sample quality to continuously improve processes, implement corrective actions and support accounting and administrative handling of each case.
· Provide constructive feedback with guidance from Chief Alliance Officer to partnering organizations, as necessary.
· Schedule procurement logistics as necessary and per Company’s SOP.
· Communicate and coordinate with AnaBios’ laboratory of case activity.
· Take AOC call when on for 24hr shift.
· Provide weekly updates to Procurement Manager and Chief Alliance Officer.
· Help develop new tissue /organ recovery protocols and procedures that maximize quality and frequency of tissue recoveries.
· High School Diploma or GED; Associates degree in Allied Health, Life Sciences or related preferred
· 2 years’ work experience in EMT, Hospital Corpsman, OR, ER or ICU tech or equivalent, customer service.
· Current Driver’s License
Highly Desirable Skills
Candidates that in addition to the minimum requirements listed above will also possess prior experience with one or more of the following, will be given priority consideration
· Competent experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Ability to communicate professionally with refined presentation skills and public speaking with internal and external customers, partners, donor families, and executive leadership.
· Complex knowledge of procedures, practices, and policies
· Ability to anticipate and critically think through problems
· Work experience in Tissue Banking, Medical Device or Organ Procurement
AnaBios offers Equal Opportunity Employment with a highly competitive package including: base salary, bonus, PTO, health insurance including medical, vision and dental plans, 401k retirement plan and stock options.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.