JOIN OUR TEAM
Working at AnaBios is a whole different experience. It’s less of a job and more of a calling. It’s part career and part revolution. Because whatever you do here, you play a part in unlocking new possibilities for drug discovery.
We seek achievers and leaders who are passionate and exceptional people. In return, we provide everyone who works here with unparalleled opportunities to exercise their responsibility and integrity, while growing themselves and building a valuable and
The Laboratory Assistant Level 1 will provide support functions to AnaBios' research activities by applying the Company's proprietary technologies for conducting contract research as well as supporting proprietary technologies for conducting contract research as well as supporting proprietary drug discovery programs. The nature of the research conducted at AnaBios will require, at times, flexibility of schedule and the ability to work after hours and on weekends.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
The Laboratory Assistant activities will include, but not be limited by, the following:
– Preparation of biological samples for experimental testing by the R&D team
– Using aseptic technique during cell culture procedure
– Preparation reagents/solutions, buffers and culture media for the R&D department
– Experimental testing in collaboration with the Assay/Development team
– Operate and maintain standard laboratory instruments (i.e. pH meters, osmometer, analytical balances, microscopes, etc.)
– Perform tissue dissection and isolation procedures
– Maintain the inventories of supplies and stocks for laboratory use by requesting and re-stocking supplies
– Follow standard operating procedures
– Maintaining a clean and respectable laboratory space
– Record keeping
– The candidate will be expected to work independently, under supervision, and contribute to scientific advances in several exciting new projects.
Prior experience (3-5 years) in a laboratory research and/or electrophysiology are highly desirable. Prior experience with cell culture techniques; including isolation, plating and working in a clean room environment is preferred.
The candidate must be reliable, possess excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented with excellent record-keeping and communication skills. The candidate must be able to strictly adhere to standard operating procedures. AnaBios is looking for a team player, eager to learn and enthusiastic about working in a laboratory employing novel technologies.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com.
AnaBios is hiring a Research Scientist with expertise in single cell, patch clamp electrophysiology to join our team in San Diego. We are in search of a highly motivated, creative scientist who will contribute to characterizing and elucidating the effects of client and internal novel therapeutics in pain, itch and central nervous system (CNS) disorders. This position’s primary function is to execute manual patch clamp electrophysiology with dissociated human neurons. In addition, the Research Scientist will devise and conduct experiments to support compound investigation for our clients. Our intent is to identify a Research Scientist with the potential to independently design and execute patch clamp-based neuroelectrophysiology assays for our clients. Expertise in patch clamp electrophysiology with voltage-gated ion channels is essential. The successful candidate will join a passionate, diverse and dedicated team focused on developing treatments for pain and CNS-related diseases. This position reports to the Director of Operations and will be located in San Diego, California.
- Develop, implement and validate new neuronal function assays
- Functions independently as a scientist while working on projects with a larger team
- Delivers accurate data while meeting tight deadlines to support client and internal drug development projects
- Actively participates and presents research findings in group meetings
- Supports client reports, scientific publications and internal projects by coordinating and documenting datasets
- Acts in accordance with AnaBios company policies and ensures they are followed by direct reports
- Ph.D. or M.S. with similar experience in neuroscience, neuropharmacology or related field. In-depth knowledge of electrophysiological techniques is essential.
- Experience investigating neuronal function and or neuronal pharmacology using electrophysiological techniques
- Excellent analytical skills allowing for qualitative and quantitative evaluation of complex data
- Scientific peer-reviewed publication record
- Experience handling and managing large datasets
- Enthusiasm for laboratory work, good problem-solving abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to adapt to rapidly changing projects and priorities
Please send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.